This newsletter will feature:
- Are you thinking of taking the LEP exam?
- Are you thinking of re-opening your own private practice?
Are you thinking of taking the LEP exam?
The BBS has shared that testing centers are opening up for those that need to take the LEP exam. Check out the BBS website for updates. Testing center availability varies by area, so please make sure to check back frequently if you cannot yet find a nearby testing site that is open.
If you need help studying for the exam, check out our offerings! Link: https://empowerlep.com/the-lep-exam/
Are you thinking of re-opening your private practice?
We have had a lot of questions about whether it is “safe” to start accepting in-person clients once again in your private practice. Here are some considerations:
- State/county requirements – make sure you are aware of your local county requirements regarding essential and non-essential businesses. Additionally, make sure you have the required postings about COVID. Los Angeles’ Business Toolkit can be found: https://corona-virus.la/Business. Have you found the business information for your county?
- Safety considerations need to be taken into account. For many LEPs, this includes, but is not limited to:
- Temperature checks for clients
- Obtaining information about client’s exposure to COVID
- Cleaning protocols for your office space, including testing materials
- Use of masks, gloves, plexiglass, etc.
- Ethical considerations include ensuring that the validity and reliability of your testing tools and data gathering systems do not compromise the integrity of the assessment.
Have some additional questions? Join our monthly Q&A sessions where you get to ask Kristin and Jenny your LEP-related questions about studying for the exam, logistics of having a private practice, marketing and more! Sign up here https://app.ruzuku.com/courses/44577/about
This newsletter is intended for those aspiring to become Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEPs) and those on the LEP journey. We want to provide you with knowledge, resources and opportunities.
Do you know anyone who might appreciate this newsletter? Please forward the newsletter to a colleague or two!
Thank you! Jenny Ponzuric, LEP #2779 and Kristin Makena, LEP #3575